Saturday, January 20, 2007

Rough Start for '07

Hopefully the following months of 2007 will bring for a better year. It was certainly a less than great start. We'll start with the bad then work our way up.

Let's see, a buddy of mine is now in Iraq doing G-d knows what. All I hope is that he returns in one piece since this is now round two for him.

I attended a funeral this week for a fallen comrade. He was probably the nicest guys I have ever met. He spent six years in the Marines and always strived to be the best at whatever he took on. I was taken back when hearing the news of his passing. It shook me up, but I know that this is the world we live in. The service was beautiful and over three hundred people attended so I am glad his friends and family were there to pay their respects. He will be missed, RIP Joe.

Last week, someone hit and ran my three month old car. I am getting it dropped off soon to be repaired. As you can see we're not off to a great start.

I rolled my left ankle and I am starting to feel the effects of runner's knee, my luck.

I do feel I am moving back into an upward swing.

Beginning 1 January I have been doing boot-camp workouts again. It has really increased my stamina and overall stregnth. I'd like to lose around 40lbs. It sounds like a lot, but I am determined. I also run a lot too (about 5 miles a week).

I'll be interviewing for a position within my company for a much higher salary and greater responsibility. Challenges are what I live for. Let's hope I do get it and won't be in over my head. In life, you always want something to fall back on. SJPD is hiring over the next four years or so. I think that may be my calling...

2 comments:

Virtual Services Team said...

Congratulations 'Rough Start"!
You're on your way! Looking forward to future postings.

Virtual Services Team

Minerva said...

Sorry to read about the loss of your friend.